Updated: Jan 19
If you're like me, your bathroom is probably one of the dirtiest places in your house. But it doesn't have to be that way!
Who has time for a long, drawn-out bathroom cleaning session? Not me!
It’s that time of year again! Time to get out the cleaning supplies and give your bathroom a much-needed deep clean. But before you start scrubbing, there are a few things you should know.
Here are 7 easy steps to follow for spring cleaning your bathroom.
1. Stock up on supplies You’ll need a lot of cleaning supplies for this project, so ensure you have everything you need before starting. It includes an all-purpose cleaner, disinfectant wipes, glass cleaner, paper towels, a toilet brush, and gloves.
2. Empty everything out Take everything out of your bathroom cabinets and drawers and put it in a box or on a towel in another room. This way, you can clean each item and easily access everything you need.
3. Clean the tub and shower Start by spraying your tub and shower with an all-purpose cleaner and letting it sit for a few minutes. Then scrub the tub with a sponge or brush and rinse it clean. Don’t forget to clean the shower door (inside and out) and tile grout as well!
4. Clean the toilet No one likes cleaning toilets, but it’s definitely necessary if you want a clean bathroom. Start by spraying the bowl with cleaner and scrubbing it with a toilet brush. Then flush the toilet and use a disinfectant wipe to clean the seat, lid, handle, and tank; flush down any clogs while you’re at it!
5. Wipe down all surfaces Use disinfectant wipes or a sponge and all-purpose cleaner to wipe down all surfaces in your bathroom, including countertops, sinks, toilets, mirrors, light fixtures, towel racks, door knobs, and switch plates. Don’t forget to dust too!
6. Clean the floors Vacuum or sweep first to remove any dirt or dust that may have accumulated on your floor over time. Then mop with hot water and disinfectant to eliminate any lingering germs or bacteria. Let the floor air dry completely before walking on it again barefoot.
7 . Put everything back in its place Once everything is clean, put everything back where it belongs. Be sure to put fresh towels out for everyone to use, too!
Treat yourself to a long soak in the tub or hot shower – you deserve it after all that hard work!
That’s it! Now your bathroom is officially clean for springtime visitors (or anyone who happens to drop by unexpectedly). Just remember – deep cleaning isn’t something you have to do every week (unless you really want to). A little bit of upkeep each week will go a long way toward keeping your bathroom clean year-round!
Like with most things in life, it just takes a little dedication and patience to get the job done. And who knows?
When you're done, maybe your bathroom will be the nicest room in the house.
While some of the above steps may seem obvious, sometimes the most effective way to keep your bathroom clean is to take a step back and evaluate your cleaning routine. Just remember – deep cleaning isn’t something you have to do every week (unless you really want to). A little bit of upkeep each week will go a long way toward keeping your bathroom clean year-round!
About Onyx Cleaning
Onyx Cleaning is a Wilmington DE based and operated company specializing in cleaning. Our core functional trades are commercial cleaning, residential cleaning, floor cleaning, and bathroom cleaning services. We are a full-service company that takes pride in our work and our professionalism.
Our team comprises dedicated cleaning staff who care about each project they complete.
Our goal is to make your home or business look its best while maintaining healthy indoor air quality throughout the year by using environmentally friendly products. We also offer free estimates to ensure you get the right price for your needs. If you need our services give us a call, we can come out as often as necessary or once every few months, depending on your needs.